Virginia Department of Human Resource Management
- Responsible Office: Human Resources, Division of Administration
- Current Approved Version: 07/05/2018
- Policy Type: Administrative
Policy Statement and Purpose
The purpose of this policy is to detail the Commonwealth’s human resource policies that apply to classified employees employed at VCU.
The Virginia Department of Human Resource Management (DHRM) is the central human resource (HR) agency for the Commonwealth of Virginia.
All VCU classified staff are subject to all DHRM state policies, which are available at the DHRM website. VCU university and academic professionals are subject to the Working @VCU: “Great Place” HR Policies policy. VCU classified staff are also subject to three sections of the Working @VCU: “Great Place” HR Policies policy. Those are Section IV. Performance management; Section V. Career development; and Section VI. Leadership development.
Additionally, all VCU employees (includes faculty) are subject to these specific DHRM policies:
- 1.05 – Alcohol and Other Drugs
- 1.35 – Emergency Closings
- 1.50 – Public and Private Employee Interchange
- 1.75 – Use of Electronic Communications and Social Media
- 4.05 – Civil and Work Related Leave
- 4.17 – Emergency Disaster Leave
- 4.37 – Leave to Donate Bone Marrow or Organs
- 4.40 – School Assistance and Volunteer Service Leave
- 4.50 – Military Leave
- 4.52 – Public Health Emergency Leave
- 4.57 – Virginia Sickness and Disability Program
- 4.60 – Workers’ Compensation
- 6.05 – Personnel Records Disclosure
- 6.10 – Personnel Records Management
In some cases, VCU has policies that supplement DHRM policies to address VCU’s specific needs (e.g., Office Closings). VCU’s policies are in concert with all DHRM requirements.
Noncompliance with this policy may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment. VCU supports an environment free from retaliation. Retaliation is prohibited against any employee who brings forth a good faith concern, asks a clarifying question or participates in an investigation.
Who Should Know This Policy
All VCU employees (includes faculty) are responsible for knowing this policy and familiarizing themselves with its contents and provisions.
There are no definitions associated with this policy.
VCU Human Resources officially interprets this policy and is responsible for obtaining approval for any revisions as required by the policy Creating and Maintaining Policies and Procedures through the appropriate governance structures. Please direct policy questions to VCU Human Resources, Office of Employee Relations.
Policy Specifics and Procedures
See the "Related Documents" section below for relevant policies and procedures
There are no forms associated with this policy and procedures.
- State Policies at the Virginia Department of Human Resource Management (DHRM) http://www.dhrm.virginia.gov/hrpolicies
- VCU Policy: Working @VCU: Great Place Policies
- VCU Policy: Human Resources Policies
This policy supersedes the following archived policies:
|October 04, 2012||Virginia Department of Human Resource Management|
|August 06, 2015||Virginia Department of Human Resource Management|
There are no FAQ associated with this policy and procedures.