Space Use Regulation
- Responsible Office: Student Affairs, Office of the Provost
- Current Approved Version: 02/06/2014
- Policy Type: Board of Visitors
VIRGINIA ADMINISTRATIVE CODE
This chapter applies to all Virginia Commonwealth University faculty, staff, and students; university contractors; and the general public.
8VAC90-70-20. Policy statement.
Virginia Commonwealth University facilities are intended primarily for the use of its students, faculty, and staff in their efforts to advance the educational mission of the university. No use shall be permitted that is inconsistent with the mission of the university.
The following words and terms when used in this chapter shall have the following meanings unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
"Educational enclave" means that portion of university property in academic buildings, administrative office buildings, medical venues, clinics, laboratories, research facilities, student residence buildings, dining facilities, athletic facilities, or child care facilities; or that portion of university property in use for university-sponsored or university-sanctioned sporting, entertainment, or educational events.
"University property" means any property owned, leased, or controlled by Virginia Commonwealth University.
8VAC90-70-40. Entry upon and use of university property.
- Entry upon or use of university property in the educational enclave shall be in accord with all applicable university policies.
- Entry upon or use of university property outside the educational enclave for noncommercial purposes is permitted if otherwise lawful and does not interfere with educational functions.
- Entry upon or use of university property for commercial purposes shall be in accord with all applicable university policies.
8VAC90-70-50. Persons lawfully in charge.
In addition to individuals authorized by university policy, Virginia Commonwealth University police officers are lawfully in charge for the purposes of forbidding entry upon or remaining upon university property in violation of this chapter.
Please see this regulation at the Virginia Regulatory Town Hall website located at http://townhall.virginia.gov/L/ViewBoard.cfm?BoardID=107
Any questions concerning the interpretation of this policy should be directed to the Division of Student Affairs at email@example.com or 804-828-1244.
Any questions related to the difference between a regulation and a university policy should be directed to the Integrity and Compliance Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-828-2336.