Faculty Representative to the Board of Visitors of VCU
- Responsible Office: Office of the President
- Current Approved Version: 05/15/2003
- Policy Type: Board of Visitors
Policy Statement and Purpose
The following policies and procedures will apply to and will be used in appointing a faculty representative to the Board of Visitors of Virginia Commonwealth University:
- The President will recommend to the Board of Visitors, through the Executive Committee, a faculty representative and an alternate from a list of at least five nominees submitted by the Faculty Senate of the University.
- The Board of Visitors will appoint the faculty representative to the Board for a one-year term effective July 1 of each year. The faculty representative will be a nonvoting representative and will not be allowed to attend closed sessions of the Board or any of its Committees.
- The faculty representative to the Board of Visitors will serve as a nonvoting representative to the Academic and Health Affairs Policy Committee of the Board.
- The alternate faculty representative will not have official status but will be allowed to substitute for the appointed faculty representative at both full Board meetings and Academic and Health Affairs Policy Committee meetings with voice but no vote.
Approved by the Board of Visitors May 15, 2003